Friday, November 6, 2009

Quote and Journal Responses

Yesterday I wrote the quote; "We do not need guns and bombs to bring peace. We need love and compassion." Mother Theresa on the board. We spent a few minutes talking about what they thought it meant and then I had them do a free write about the quote. Some sample (unedited) responses I wanted to post up because I was impressed about how many of them took time to think!

"like being nice, good in this world. we need a lot of peace I wish I can go on tv and say why do we have to be so bad to each other. Would if you were an animal would you like to be killed. we need to fight for ourselves."

"People fight other people for peace. You should not do that. You should realy say I love how they are working. Do it like that instead. I like it that way peaceful intead of fighting."

"I think this quote means like hold the door for someone instad of pushing and say you have a beautiful dress, not ugly. Being nice to evertyone and not fighting"

"How I could make peace at my house? Would be not to fight my little brother."

"I think we don't need war, I think we can all just get along with eachother. you know, like be friends. As I say in the name of Jesus."

Just a few that were still out in their journals that I picked up... Have a good weekend and I think if we took words of advice from the 3rd grade we would have a pretty peaceful place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment