Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fun Friday












"Fun Friday" is a privilege they earn minutes towards all week. I do not make this an easy venture, as seen by the last few weeks where our Fun Friday time was under 10 minutes. This past week however we have been working harder and they earned more time. Also, the spelling tests were FANTASTIC- I can tell so many are really studying! They earned closer to 25 minutes for Fun Friday. During this time we have games that have been donated to the class, educational kid magazines, white boards to draw on, cards to play, and sheets to color. This is also the time that they can come and use the money ("Bond Bucks") they have been earning over the week, or saving, to buy small trinkets. We have made the break through with some of the students this week that when you have $25 and spend it on a notepad that costs $22, you get money back!! Here are some pictures I snapped of our Friday afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. Thats really great! I don't know what you're doing but my daughter is coming home asking me to help her with her spelling and other homework...she use to fight me about homework all the time! Love the new, "excited about school", Maddie. Thanks Miss Bond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! I have been really impressed with her participating and reading- she has been working on that book called like Blue Wallace, about a dog. What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete